Tuesday, June 1, 2010

[it must be so lonely to be the only one who's holy]

Less Than Perfect Saint

Throw the first stone
Throw it.
Dont hold back now.

I hear your mumbling.
Said in whispers
"Begging for attention," you say
"Sinning against His will."
Well, perfection isn't yours, my friend.
You belong here with me.
Kneeling humiliated
In this sand.

But stand there
And judge me.
Pick up your gavel
And stare.
Charge me with my sin
So I can ask for forgiveness
And you can see this "beggar"
Find riches.

While you claim holiness.
You will remain in darkness.

1 comment:

  1. I like your blogs, because you don't seem to bother yourself to make what you write only that which is squeaky clean, politically correct, and in line with the image others have of you. People could learn a lot from how you convey feeling.

    And that is why you're good at this. :)

    ReplyDelete