Sunday, April 11, 2010

A big, perfect. mess.

Performance piece.

Letter to my Heavenly Father

Dear Lord Almighty,
Should I call you that?
Do you mind?
Cause I kind of get confused sometimes.
Casual or formal?
Chatty or direct?
Well, I guess I'll get
Straight to the point

Where the hell have you been?
Pardon my language
But with my free will
and see with
You ignoring me and all
I thought I might just
Come right out and say it.

I've been like this
for my life.
Guess you've just missed it
I am a broken faucet.
drip. drip. drip.
And then I'm a puddle on the floor.

I was sad yesterday
So bad I just sat
In bed all day.
And I called, yeah.
But I guess you were too busy
So I went back to sleep
To keep my sanity
If only in my dreams

When I awoke
The sun fell back to sleep
One more time
I tried.
Help.
You didn't answer
Did you?
...Sure.

Now I kneel
At the edge of
My squeaky bed
On the ground
Of my cluttered room
With my mess of a mind.

So this is my last
S.O.S.
...until the next time
Cause this heart
In my chest
And the one
Of my soul
Long to be
Whole in you.

See you in my sleep,
Write back soon,
Your lost sheep.

2 comments:

  1. holy crap, this is amazing. both in content and in form. so much honesty. as crappy as the feeling is behind the words, there is such beauty there as well.

    thank you for sharing, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a squeaky bed...and I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete