Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Annnd the drought is over! I have started writing poetry again, and it feels delightful.
Here's my first poem after the rain.



I sat on my legs to see
But Daddy told me not to
I got to see a play
with the grown ups today.

My legs swung from the pew
not tall enough to reach the ground.
Lights go down.
Not a move from me now.

They showed my Jesus
He loved those without love
Fed those without food
Taught those unwilling

Yet, betrayal.

Silver, for this man's life?
Guilty, for the truth?

My Savior, My Jesus, My Friend.
Beaten.

My Savior, My Jesus, My Friend.
Murdered.

I wept. I wept. I wept.

Yet.

My Savior, My Jesus, My Friend
Has risen.

[I'm always reminded of a story my mom told me when I am in a slump. She says that I stayed from Sunday School and stayed to watch the presentation of Christ's crucifixion. But when it came to Jesus being hung on the cross, I got upset. He was my friend. I loved him. How could they be doing this to him? I miss loving like a child.]



I've
f
a
l
l
e
n
in love
with the idea of love.
But right now,
I'm not sure it exists
for me.

[I'm so obsessed with the idea of love. Sometimes I find myself trying to love someone. I always go back and forth. But all along it's never the person I was loving just the idea of having someone to love. I genuinely look forward to that one man that I was meant to find. I'm what you call a hopeless romantic. :) ]

2 comments:

  1. The dark-haired Caulkins has finally returned. :)


    "But all along it's never the person I was loving just the idea of having someone to love."

    Don't go telling too many women the truth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I have! I was going to give you a heads up, but you seem to be on the ball already!

    ReplyDelete